PHYSICS VIVA QUESTIONS FOR 1ST/2ND SEM:
1. What is diffraction?
2. How many types of diffraction are there? Which they are?
3. Distinguish between Fresnel and Fraun hofer classes of diffraction.
4. Distinguish between interference and diffraction.
5. What is grating? Define grating constant.
6. How do you distinguish between diffraction and refraction?
7. What is semiconductor?
8. What is zener diode?
9. On what factor does the breakdown voltage of zener diode depends?
10. What is breakdown voltage? Explain.
11. What is the difference between ordinary diode and zener diode?
12. Mention some uses of Zener diode.
13. What do you mean by forward and reverse biasing?
14. What are the applications of Semi conductor diode?
15. Explain the types of breakdown.
16. What do you mean by resonance?
17. What do you mean by sharpness of resonance?
18. What is the condition of resonance?
19. Define quality factor ‘Q’ of a series circuit.
20. What is the importance of series resonant circuit?
21. What is resonance? Why current is maximum in series resonance and minimum in parallel resonance?
22. What is mean by band width?
23. What is the physical significance of Q-factor?
24. What is the value of plank constant?
25. What the factors on which the value of plank’s constant depend?
26. What is Quantum theory of light?
27. What is LED?
28. What do you mean by turn on voltage?
29. Is the supply voltage and turn on voltage are same?
30. What is threshold frequency?
31. What are the applications of LED?
32. Explain the difference between LASER and LED.
33. What is the transistor? Why it is called so?
34. How many types of transistors are there?
35. How do you identify the terminals in a transistor?
36. What are the differences between PNP and NPN transistor?
37. What are active device and passive device?
38. What do you mean by active biasing?
39. What is doping?
40. Mention some of the applications of transistor?
41. What is perfect black body?
42. Explain the distribution of energy in a black body spectrum.
43. Name the various laws of black body radiation.
44. State Stefan’s law.
45. What is the value of Stefan’s constant?
46. Define electric power.
47. Define emissive power and absorptive power.
48. Which are the sources of radiation?
49. What is the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductor?
50. Define an electron volt (ev).
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)