thanq so much for this valuable info........
Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET-2012)Official Notification
1. The candidate should of Indian Nationality.
2. The Candidate should satisfy the local/ non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission.
3. Candidate should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belongs to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
Important Dates For Online Application Process :
- Date of commencement of submission of Online applications : 14.03.2012
- Last Date for submission of Online applications
- Without late fee : 23.04.2012
- With a late fee of Rs 500 : 05.05.2012
- With a late fee of Rs 2000 : 14.05.2012
- Date of Entrance Test : 08.06.2012 to 11.06.2012
Mode of PGECET-2012 Entrance Test
- PGECET-2012 examinations consist of each paper of 2 hours duration and carry a maximum of 120 marks.
- All the question papers of PGECET-2012 will be objective type.
- Candidates have to mark the correct answer by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) with HB Pencil only
- OMR Answer Sheets will be supplied along with the Question Booklet.
Instructions To Candidates:
1. Candidates are required to apply for PGECET-2012 test papers through Online only (printed hardcopy of the applications will not be accepted).
2. The application/ registration fee for each test paper is Rs. 500/- ( Rs 250/- in case of SC/ST)
3. Test is of two hour duration with 120 multiple choice objective type questions, carrying one mark for each question. The cut off mark in the Common Entrance Test is 25% , in case of SC/ST there is no Minimum Marks.
4. The examination will be held from 10.00 am to 12.00 am and 2.00pm to 4.00 pm as per the Time Table given in this Information Booklet.
5. The Question Papers will be in English only, syllabus of each test paper is given at annexure-A
6. Before applying for PGECET-2012 candidates must assure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at Annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in Annexure-B .
7. PGECET-2012 is held at three different cities in the state i.e., Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Tirupathi.
8. As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy is 50 % in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree (Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE approval.
9. Candidate should satisfy local/non local status requirements as per AP GO Ms No 153.
10. Candidates can appear in the examination only by producing the Hall Tickets. The Hall tickets are to be downloaded from the website www.appgecet.org.
11. Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score.
12. A.P. State policy on reservation shall be followed in PG admissions excluding seats available for Sponsored category, from time to time.
13. The candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
14. Appearing in the test does not guarantee admission. The candidate has to satisfy all the requirements at the time of admission.
15. For further information contact PGECET Helpdesk. Contact no:040-27097065.
For Syllabus, Instructions , Courses offered with Eligibility at various Universities & Other Info visit any one of the below URL's
Last edited by shanth; 03-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
thanq so much for this valuable info........
plz frds is der any one here to xplain me the differece of appearing part time PG(M tech ) program ie PGCET and PTPG ...
Doing M.Tech through PTPG is that u can do M.Tech while u r working. u can do M.Tech as a part time apart from ur work.
Hope u understood. if u have any more doubts do reply here.
What gate qualified ppl have to do now.plz give procedure and is there any chance of Getting in any nit with 453 score,96.3% ec and obc.
NEED OU PGECET ECE PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS .............................
im manoj............im preparing for pgecet 2012.....im ECE branch......plz plz plz help me by sending previous papers in EC PAPER................
i hope a +ve reply from u...............
my mail id is email@example.com
Can you please provide GATE-2012 admission details at JNTU-HYD .
There is a rumour that seats wil be alloted only to Telangana students. Is that true ?????????????
http://pgecet.apsche.ac.in/ & Click on PGEC/PGECET Allotments - 2011 which is on right side of the page.
Last edited by shanth; 07-16-2012 at 06:21 AM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)