With the Eamcet engineering counselling set to begin from August 6, the state government is preparing the ground for a steep hike in the fees of between 40 and 150 per cent for engineering, MBA or MCA seats from this year 2012-13. The revised fee structure will be applicable to only 130 engineering and 120 MBA/MCA colleges, which submitted audited financial statements and came forward to implement the AICTE payscales.
The fees in the remaining colleges will continue to remain the same. There are 710 engineering, 958 MBA and 625 MCA colleges in the state. Currently, for convener quota seats (70 per cent category-A seats), the fee for B. Tech courses is Rs 31,000 per annum and for MBA/MCA courses it is Rs 27,000. For the rest 30 per cent management quota seats (category-B), the fee is Rs 95,000 for engineering courses and Rs 78,000 for MBA/MCA courses. The revised fee is likely to be increased to Rs 45,000-60,000 for category-A seats and Rs 1.5-2.5 lakh for category-B seats.
It was decided to refer the fee hike issue to Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy for a final decision. The state government will keep the decision pending till July 24 when the Supreme Court is expected to issue orders on a common fee structure for all the seats and the abolition of categorisation of seats.
Source : DC
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)