Do you have a desktop or laptop with a wired internet connection at your home??
did you purchase or planning to purchase a tablet pc??
then how do you connect internet to a tablet pc ?? many think Wi-Fi is the only answer, but you can still access the wired internet to your tablet pc...
this is done by AD-HOC networks. Ad-Hoc network is a kind of personalized private network where you can create a wifi access point through cable internet.
YOUR COMPUTER SHOULD HAVE WIFI CHIP CARD INSTALLED AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO DETECT WIRELESS NETWORKS .. ONLY THEN YOU CAN CREATE AD HOC NETWORK
to create a wifi access point through ad hoc network.. first enable wifi on your computer.
"THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE IS FOR WINDOWS XP PROFESSSIONAL OPERATING SYSTEM"
1. Go to control panel >> Network connections
2. Right click on "Wireless Internet Connection" and select "properties"
3. Go to "Advanced" tab and select the check box " allow other users to connect through this computer connection"
4. From the drop down list menu, select "wireless Internet Connection" Now go to "wireless networks" tab
5. select the check box "use windows to configure my computer network settings"
6. select "add" button and give your SSID i.e the name of the network (Example: Ravindra_wireless) and select the check box " Connect even if it is not broadcasting"
7. Select Network Authentication as "OPEN" and Data Encryption as "Disabled", now go to the Connection tab in the same window.. and select the check box "connect even if it is in range"
8. Now click "ok" and again Click "ok" , go to windows firewall and select "advanced" tab.
9. Select "wireless connection" and click on "Settings", Check all the boxes you got under "Service" tab and click ok.
now you are ready to use your ad-hoc network, refresh your wifi networks list and you can see your own ad hoc network in the list.
WARNING: the concept of ad hoc networks is not supported by Android Operating system. only IOS [i pad] and Black berry can detect the ad hoc networks !!!
Enjoy surfing ...
Thanks for share this information i have use your suggestions .
Thanks for sharing.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)