As per the Academic Regulations of 2005 for B.Tech. (Regular) Degree Course, a student will be declared eligible for the award of the B.Tech. Degree if he fulfills the following:
(i) pursued a course of study for not less than four academic years and not more than eight
(ii) registered for 224 credits and secured 216 credits with compulsory subjects as listed below
(a) all the first year subjects
(b) all practical subjects
(c) industry oriented mini-project
(e) project work
In this connection, it may be noted that even if a student fails in two theory subjects or absents himself / herself for any two theory subjects, the student is eligible for the award of the B.Tech. Degree if he / she fulfills the academic regulations (i) and (ii), mentioned above.
For the students who have passed all the subjects for 224 credits, the Consolidated Marks Memo and the Provisional certificate can be collected along with IV B.Tech. – II Sem. marks memo, from the concerned Colleges directly from 22-06-2010. (Principals are requested to make necessary arrangements to collect memos, PC’s and CMM from the service section, Ground Floor, Examination Branch, JNTUH on 21-06-2010). Any student who failed in one theory subject or two theory subjects can also get his / her Consolidated Marks Memo and Provisional Certificate by submitting the enclosed Undertaking on or before 26-06-2010 to the University through the concerned Principal. The PC & CMM for such candidates will be sent directly to the Principals on 2nd July 2010.
For the official Notification & undertaking form check the below links
1) A student has to study all the subjects for 224 credits, but even if he gets 216 credits and passes all the compulsory subjects, then he is eligible to apply for PC. In the PC there will not be any indication of Fail. But on the concerned semester marks memo "Fail" will be indicated and also on Consolidated Marks Memo (CMM) "Fail" will appear for those one/two subjects.
2) I advice all the students to apply for PC if they have got 224 credits. If a candidate is in urgency to submit the PC for Visa, for higher studies then he/she may apply for PC even they acquire 216 or 220 credits, because that may not affect them.
3) For Example : Suppose a CSE student fails in Operating Systems and Computer Organization courses and applies for a PC, this may affect in getting a job An ECE student who failed in VLSI and DSP subjects may not get admission in M.Tech. in VLSI/DSP specializations.Similarly for other branch students.
Therefore if there is no urgent requirement for PC, it is better, the students pass all the subjects and take PC. The students have the option to apply for PC at any time if it is required. They have to apply through 'Tatkal' if they require it immediately.
Tatkal Process You can get the complete info about tatkal process at your Respective colleges
4) This exception of 2 subjects is also applicable for Lateral Entry students of R05 Batch.
5) students can apply for CMM,PC after 26th (after the supple results are released) even excluding the 2 subjects.
Please Reply to this topic if u have any more doubts/Queries
can we leave lab oriented subjects........EX:i have passed mp lab can i leave MP SUBJECT.
i hav failed in the multimedia databases in 4-2............. what u want me to do ??? should i write the exam or jst leave it??
and also if i leave it ??? will der be a problem while applying for a job in an mnc??? and also while applying for visa???
i am frm IT
i wrote my supply in 4-1 cse should i wait for the results coz the last date for submitting form is 26-6-2010 and as roicky mentioned above i too failed in 4-2 management science what to do sir?will there be any problem in getting job in an MNC and also for visa
Last edited by vikaskota; 06-18-2010 at 07:00 PM.
whats the difference between CMM and PO...where CMM is required and where the PO required...can u pls tell me
If its a core subject (For ur branch) then i would suggest that it would be better if u clear it.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)